T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Friday, November 1, 2013

Funeral? ... again?! - by Hénock Gügsa


graphics by Henock  (click to enlarge)
What Now? Funeral? ... again?
by Hénock Gügsa
~~~~~~~ *** ~~~~~~~

Today, November 1st, 2013.

It is a gorgeous Fall day in the Twin Cities.  Sunny, 54-degrees warm, and harmony and joy everywhere!

I've been out and about taking care of a few things like buying my to-go ethnic (Ethiopian) lunch, and getting gas for my car.

Driving home, I happen to be following one of those omnipresent delivery trucks - this one belonged to a local furniture store called Dock 86. I was, as usual, in my normal state of trance when I read the store's logo and catchy slogan.  It said: "Dock 86 - Never pay full price for furniture again!"

I was befuddled, I could not believe what I read! My old eyes were telling me outrageous, shocking lies again. My brain had just registered: Never pay full price for funeral again!

Of-course, an immediate double-take corrected the near-discombobulation, and I have since recovered my composure.  Imagine the thought of your own repeated final trips to the funeral home!  God forbid!


No comments: