T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Loose Nut" - by IGHGrampa







"Subject: Loose nut"
------------------
By IGHGrampa
Bulletin Board, Pioneer Press - 3/1/12


"There's a nut on the garage floor - the metal type, not an acorn or walnut.

"I hate to find little mechanical-type parts lying where they shouldn't. Something is coming apart and is about to collapse.

"It's too small, about a quarter-inch center diameter, and isn't the right type to have come from the car. It was by the right end of the garage door. It looks like it might have come from one of the hinges. I looked at them, and they all seem secure - no nuts missing. About eight months ago, I had to have one of the hinges replaced. It was still there; no missing nuts. The garage door seemed secure when I pulled and pushed at it. I imagine it suddenly giving out and crashing down on the car - all for the loss of one little nut.

"It's plain that I'm going to have to 'apply myself more' (in the vernacular of one of my old grade-school teachers) and do a more thorough search. It had to have come from the garage door - maybe that long horizontal brace.

"Maybe there's a nut gremlin who dropped it there just to drive me nuts."



No comments: