T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Sunday, April 17, 2011

"The River of No Return" - Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962)
-------------
"The River of No Return"



If you listen you can hear it call
Wail-a-ree [wail-a-reeeee]
There is a river called THE RIVER OF NO RETURN
Sometimes it's peaceful and sometimes wild and free!
Love is a trav'ler on THE RIVER OF NO RETURN
Swept on for ever to be lost in the stormy sea
[Wail-a-ree] I can hear the river call [ no return, no return ]
no return, no return [wail-a-ree]
I can hear my lover call come to me
[ no return, no return ]
I lost my love on the river and for ever my heart will yearn
Gone, gone for ever down THE RIVER OF NO RETURN
Wail-a-ree [Wail-a-ree] wail-a-re-e-ee
He'll never return to me! [ no return, no return






No comments: