T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Help Me Make It Thru The Night" - Kris Kristofferson


Kris Kristofferson


"Help Me Make It Thru The Night"
---------
Kris Kristofferson (1936 - )

 

Take the ribbon from your hair,
Shake it loose and let it fall,
Layin' soft upon my skin,
Like the shadows on the wall.

Come and lay down by my side,
'till the early morning light,
All I'm takin' is your time,
Help me make it through the night.

I don't care who's right or wrong,
I don't try to understand.
Let the devil take tomorrow,
Lord, tonight I need a friend.

Yesterday is dead and gone,
And tomorrow's out of sight.
And it's sad to be alone,
Help me make it through the night.
Hmmm hmmm hmmm ....
" " " "
Lord, it's sad to be alone,
Help me make it thru the night.
Hmmm hmmm hmmm ....
" " " "
[trailing off]
Lord, it's sad to be alone ...
 
 

No comments: