T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Thursday, March 17, 2022

About Dreams of Death ~ by Hénock Gugsa

 

About Dreams of Death 

~ by Hénock Gugsa ~

F M ===> Hénock Gugsa, I died a few times in my dreams some twenty years ago ... watching myself falling down miles inside my sofa. It fascinated and terrified me to find myself falling into a bottomless pit ... I later understood that I was in states of apnea.

H G ===> I was about to ask if you were aware that you were dying while you were dying.  That would take some doing!  The sense of presence while one's life is being extinguished must be a self-defeating process !!!

In some similar situations, we are aware that we are dreaming and that at any moment we would wake up. Then the dream gets instantly extinguished in the same way an automobile tire deflates with a sudden whoosh.

Speaking for myself, I have dreamt of some weight on my chest trying to squeeze all the breath from my lungs.  But I was always able to get out of that situation by telling myself that it was all in my head, and that it was not real.  This fail-safe mechanism was created in me a long time ago (maybe in my childhood), and now it automatically kicks in whenever I am in this dream-state. 🤔 🤨 🥴

F M ===> Hénock Gugsa, I went through that many times as well. I also remember hearing gongs and noises while having the certitude that I was 'exiting' myself. Some of these experiences definitely challenged me at many levels, and having read the Buddhist book of the deads gave it a very particular flavor 🙄... 😬

 

No comments: