T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Friday, December 10, 2021

Once - by Ambrose Harte

 

Once - by Ambrose Harte 

I used to dance,
but the music's gone,
I once had love,
but I'm now alone.
I used to sing,
but I lost my song,
I used to rhyme,
now the timings wrong.
I used to work,
but they shut us down,
I love the country,
but I live in town.
I used to smile,
now I cry instead,
I once had feasts,
now I've only bread.
I once had children,
but now they've grown,
I used to laugh,
but now I moan.
I once was clever,
but I lost my head,
I used to sleep,
now I've got no bed.
I used to swim,
but the sea's dried up,
I once drank water,
now there's ne'er a drop.
I once was good,
but now I'm bad,
I had a soul,
now I'm empty and sad.
I once was fearless,
now I'm filled with dread,
I used to live,
but now I'm dead.
I had directions,
but now I'm lost,
I had a body,
now I'm just a ghost.

 

No comments: