T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Saturday, October 31, 2020

BLM (Black Lives Matter) ~ by Hénock Gugsa


Hénock Gugsa

BLM (Black Lives Matter) 

~ by Hénock Gugsa ~ 

      ... more specifically "human beings with genetically dark skin pigmentation" matter because those with little or no pigmentation seem to be negatively obsessed about them.  

     I used to work for Unisys Corporation.  Every year, they required employees to update their personal data in their personnel files.  One of the reasons they gave was that they were required by the Government to prove they adhered to EEO (equal employment opportunity) rule.  Otherwise, they could lose government contracts, etc.  

     I resented being asked about my race or ethnic origin.  Every year, I would fill in a different choice (option) from the drop-down menu.  One year, I would select "Hispanic or latin", the next year I would choose "South Pacific Islander", next year: Asian,etc., etc.  Some years, I would even put down "Caucasian".  There were times when I selected "Other" and specified with : Abyssinian, or Human, etc.

     Nobody ever came back and challenged me about it!

 

No comments: