T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Thursday, January 9, 2020

The Adventures of Gabriel and Nathalie - by Hénock Gugsa



The Adventures of Gabriel and Nathalie
by Hénock Gugsa 
=======================================================
Some time back, in my never-ending travels (cruises) on the internet, I ran into a website called "Tumbler".  So, I checked it out from here to Sunday, and it is quite an entertaining and unique website.  It is mostly a repository for blogs of all kinds:  story rooms, chat rooms, art rooms, media rooms, etc.

I signed up as henock928 and now have my own room which I have named: "Asta9 ".  But this is all not so relevant to the little story  I want to share here.

Inside Tumbler, there is a blog called "Gabenath Fanblog" which is basically about the (fictional ?) lives of the Agrestes, Gabriel and Nathalie (née Sancoeur).  There is also a third character named Adrien who is Gabriel's son / Nathalie's stepson.

As far as I can figure, the authors/contributors of Gabenath Fanblog must be francophone because I have had to go in and edit (amend) words or phrases that are obviously bad translations from French. Actually, though, I have discovered the blog is originating in Germany.  At any rate, I am here presenting seven little episodes (encounters ) between the characters.  Enjoy!

Episode 1 -
Nathalie: "Where'd the mistletoe come from?"
Gabriel, blushing while staring at Adrien: "Adrien!"
Adrien: "What, someone had to make the first move and clearly neither of you were gonna do it."

Episode 2 -
Adrien: "Nathalie likes it when you’re mysterious."
Gabriel: "Got it."
[later, on his date ...]
Nathalie: "So, dear, where are we going for dinner?"
Gabriel: "None of your business."

Episode 3 -
Nathalie: *hugs Gabriel*
Gabriel: "What is this?"
Nathalie: "Affection?"
Gabriel: "Disgusting."
Nathalie: "..."
Gabriel: "....Do it again."

Episode 4 -
Adrien: "Why are you two holding hands?"
Gabriel: "Studies show it relieves stress."
Adrien: "Oh, okay, I just thought maybe you were dating or something."
Nathalie: "We are. We’re also really stressed."

Episode 5 -
Nathalie: "I was attracted to you first."
Gabriel: "Well, I confessed first."
Nathalie: "I asked you out first."
Nathalie: "And, well, I said ‘I love you’ first."
Gabriel, getting down on one knee: "I proposed first."
Nathalie: "Well, I- WAIT WHAT?"

Episode 6 -
Gabriel: "You know, I really don’t like your last name."
Nathalie: "What’s wrong with Sancoeur?"
Gabriel: "I don’t know... it just doesn’t suit you. You should change it."
Nathalie: "Change it?! To what?!"
Gabriel: "Agreste."

Episode 7 -
Nathalie: "Don’t change the subject."
Gabriel: "What’s the subject?"
Nathalie: " Me. "

No comments: