T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Monday, August 11, 2014

The Ever-present Self - by Hénock Gugsa


The Ever-present Self 
- by Hénock Gugsa -

Awake ... yet again!

ummm ... ummm ... ummm .... aahh .... yawn (and a slight burping sound) ....

Recognition of sensation of light and warmth is next. But it takes a few seconds before the sense of self-awareness takes over. Aha, so this is a living spirit inside a vessel known as a human body. Strange ... but why does this happen a lot lately ... this feeling of being an alien on a rent-a-body mission? The good thing today, however, is that this "self " is not feeling any aches or pains anywhere on the body's acreage. Correction: a little tremor or twitch is happening to the big toe on the left foot!

Alas! Got to get out of bed and go to the bathroom ... the bladder needs to be relieved. And that is done. The self is slowly transforming to the first person singular. And so, I am at this point halfway awake, but I still want to crawl back into bed, curl myself up and attempt to return to whatever or wherever I came from. So I am back in bed and I get into a quasi-zen meditative zone.

I attempt to analyze the self: What am I? Where am I? Why am I here? Where is here? Where was I before I was here? Is here here and was it here before it was here? If here was not here where was it? If here is not here where is it? Will here be here always or is here here only now? Oh, yes ... now! When is now now? If now is not now is it then then? Will now be then tomorrow? And will tomorrow be now? If so, is now always now?! ....

And so it goes ad infinitum. But my head has cleared up and I am able to open my eyes wide and face the day. 


Now seems permanent, and the spirit in the self senses that it will always be around somewhere, everywhere!


No comments: