T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Flat tire? No problem! - by HCQ



Tire gone flat? No problem!
by Hastings Crazy Quilter *
======= <<< >>> =======
I believe a touch of creativity can improve almost anything, even commercials. I have especially been enjoying a Toyota commercial currently running on the TV. It shows a young woman, apparently alone in a parking lot, struggling to change a tire. Just as she finishes, a man steps out and tells her: 'I knew you could do it.'

That man reminds me of my dad. He had three daughters, and by golly, they were all going to know how to change the oil, drive out of an icy skid and change a tire all by themselves. I managed to change the oil and learned I would gladly pay to have someone do it for me. I benefit from the knowledge of how to drive out of a skid every winter here in Minnesota.

But I've only had to change a tire once, so far.

My mother, older sister Linda and I were driving from South St. Paul to Newport, going over the bridge. Just as we got out onto the bridge, the back right tire went flat. We had plenty of room to pull over, and all three of us got out of the car to inspect the damage. There was no hope for that tire; it was a goner.

Just then, it started to drizzle. It was just before rush hour, and my mom stepped a little ways away and began waving at the passing cars. She figured amongst all those cars, someone would stop to help us.

Linda and I looked at each other and simultaneously turned back to the trunk. Yep, everything we needed was in there. It's amazing how much faster you can change a tire with another set of hands. And it was a real tire, not those toy tires you find in cars these days.

In a short time we changed the tire, threw the old one in the trunk, collected our mom (who was still waving at passing cars) and went about our way.

When we got home, Dad had to tighten things up a bit, but he was proud of both of us.

Our mother was just amazed. Thanks for the lessons, Dad.

_________________________________________________________

* Source: Bulletin Board, St.Paul Pioneer Press, 04/21/14



No comments: