T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pray tell it again! - by TPO



Pray tell it again!
by
TPO
//~~~//~~~//~~~//
          

WARNING !!
           The following material is graphically descriptive and not suitable or 
           appropriate for the not-mature, the suppressed, and the prude.

It has been quite  a while now since I have gone out and done the social scene. But back some time ago when I was single and adventurous, I used to hang out with all sorts of people with hilarious and or outlandish goings-on in their lives ….

Here in Minneapolis, right within U of M’s West Bank neighborhood, there used to be back in the ‘80’s and 90’s a quaint little diner called Chili Time. It was quite a popular hangout with Ethiopian-Americans. We used to congregate there for breakfast and coffee on the weekends. The food was simple and decent, and the service was quite good. I know, for sure, nobody would admit to it now or back then … but everybody was salivating over the two well-endowed and friendly waitresses working there. I would bet those gals were just about the best-tipped workers in the whole of the Twin Cities at that time. I mean the guys were leaving fifty to a hundred percent tips just for the teasing smiles or the friendly-hand-on-the-shoulder alone.

I, myself, fancied one of these girls – I believe her name was Cindy or Cathy, I forget. We had exchanged telephone numbers, and I was planning to call her and ask her out. But somehow I never got around to it, and then one day I saw her with another dude (a fellow Chile Time customer) at a club … and so that was the end of that or so I thought. But not quite! Not long after, I ran into another acquaintance from the coffee club who told me of his interesting date with the magnanimous Cindy or Cathy. His story was not very flattering at all. He said that while he was in the throes of making love to her, he made the mistake of asking her about another guy he had seen her with and if it was serious. What happened next is one for the books … she snapped at our Romeo and hissed, “Shut up and f--k!”

So ends this tale of caution. You can now resume viewing your regularly scheduled program. Please hit Play!

The Prawn and the Crab (as told by David Niven)



No comments: