T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Homage to Westerns - by Hénock Gugsa




By now, I suspect you all know me enough to surmise that I'm kind of partial to anything American, I mean real American. Ever since I was a little boy, I've been exposed to nuggets of American culture (music, film, and literature) through various media and also at school. I sometimes wonder how it was that a foreign culture from thousands and thousands of miles away could practically overtake my own.

And now, in my old age, it is safe to say that I am as American as anybody. This is especially true because I understand and appreciate America. In short, America has adopted me, and I have adopted America in like measure.

When it comes to movies, my special affinity has always been towards westerns. I've always liked the deceptive simplicity of this genre. I believe that the grade "A" westerns always had layers of richness (moving, heroic stories tinged with morality, humor, visual grandeur, and rousing theme music.)

This is my homage to westerns ....




No comments: