T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Monday, September 20, 2010

"High Noon" - by Tex Ritter



Tex Ritter (1905-1974)  
"High Noon" (1952)
(Starring: Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly)
 ---------------
Do not forsake me, oh my darlin'
On this, our weddin' day
Do not forsake me, oh my darlin'.

Wait,
Wait along.

A noon day train
Will bring Frank Miller
If I'm a man I must be brave
And I must face a man who hates me
Or lie a coward, a craven coward
Or lie a coward in my grave.

Oh, to be torn 'twixt love and duty
S'posin' I lose my fair-haired beauty
Look at that big hand move along
Nearin' high noon.

He made a vow while in state's prison
Vowed it would be my life or his'n
I'm not afraid of death but oh
What will I do if you leave me?

Do not forsake me, oh my darlin'
You made that promise when we wed
Do not forsake me, oh my darlin'
Although you're grievin', I won't be leavin'
Until I shoot Frank Miller dead.

Wait along, (wait along, wait along)
Wait along, (wait along, wait along)
Wait along,
Wait along.
 
 

No comments: