T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hercules and His Contribution ! - by HCQ

Herc

Hercules and His Contribution !
----------------------
by The Hastings Crazy Quilter *

The weather on Sunday afternoon was so wonderful, I decided to work outside on our open porch, washing windows. I would spritz on cleaner, swish it around and squeegee the window clean. I was having good success, stopping occasionally to admire the blizzard of golden maple leaves floating down. I got to the last window and ran into a problem.

There was a large patch of a sticky substance in the lower left corner that would just not clean off. I spritzed and scrubbed seven times! Finally I got some rubbing alcohol and got it off with that. I couldn't figure out what it was -- pine tar? Some aerosol sprayed from the nearby garage?

I decided to take a break and went inside. As I was sitting at the dining room table, I looked up and, there was Herc, our Labrador, with his nose pressed against the glass. He knows he's not supposed to jump up against the bow windows, so he stares in at us until we let him in. His nose was firmly pressed just in that formerly sticky spot.

I think 3M should look into this. I foresee a new product: Dog Snot Adhesive.
_____________________
* Pioneer Press Bulletin Board (posted 10/23/12)

No comments: