T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Sanders on the Media - by TPO


Senator Bernie Sanders
 Sanders on the Media *
- by TPO -
<< For the media, 90 percent of the coverage is process, is soap opera, is polls, is raising money … Yesterday a woman comes up to me with tears in her eyes: “Bernie, I am working 60 hours a week. I’m not making any money and I don’t have time to spend with my daughter. Listen to the kids who leave school 50 or 60,000 dollars in debt. Talk to the people who have no health insurance and what that means to their life.”
---------------------------------------------------------
I’m running for president of the United States because we have a disappearing middle class, we’ve got 47 million people living in poverty. The amount of time that media pays to those issues is minimal. I think that is my critique, Chris. The media has got to look at the pain in America today and then look at how the candidates are responding to that pain. Campaigns and elections are not a game. They’re not a game. They are about trying to change America .... >>
============================== 
* Bernie Sanders' evaluation of the media [as given to  Chris Hayes of MSNBC]  

No comments: