T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Love and Hate" - by Hénock Gugsa


" Love and Hate "
by Hénock Gugsa
(4/28/2015)
==== ~~ ====
Have you noticed in your readings of people's commentaries in Facebook (or in your general life observations) how these two words are bandied about casually and without examination of their meanings. Love and hate are practically weightless and meaningless!

Here's my take ... Do you really love something that [or] someone whom you may forget in some degree after a lapse of time? ... same question for hate?

Think of something or someone you loved or hated many years back. Do you still love them or hate them with the same fire and passion today at this moment? If you honestly do, then maybe those are the real passions for you ... and good luck with them.

In my old age now, I have come to adopt a safe and healthy approach ... I try not to hate, I do my best to avoid it; and I am not averse to love, I try to cultivate it and nourish it.

Above all, I follow my wife's wise counsel: "You are not perfect, but keep trying. And when you run into a distasteful situation, don't dwell on it ... let it go, let it go!"


Gregory Peck ("Yellow Sky")
 

No comments: