T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Monday, August 6, 2012

Chanson d'Automne - Paul Verlaine




Paul Verlaine (1844-1896)

"Chanson d'Automne"
         ---------------------         

de Paul Verlaine (1844-1896)


Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'automne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Tout suffoquant
Et blême quand
Sonne l'heure,
Je me souviens
Des jours anciens
Et je pleure.

Et je m'en vais
Au vent mauvais
Qui m'emporte
Deçà, delà
Pareil à la
Feuille morte.
"Song of Autumn"
---------------

Translated by Thomas D. Le


The prolonged sobs
Of the violin
In the autumn
Tear up my heart
With languishing
Monotone.

Suffocating
And listless when
The dread hour strikes
I remember
The days of yore
And I cry.

And I wander
In evil wind
Which carries me
Hither, thither
Like a dead leaf
I would be.




No comments: