T P O

T   P   O
The Patient Ox (aka Hénock Gugsa)

G r e e t i n g s !

** TPO **
A personal blog with diverse topicality and multiple interests!


On the menu ... politics, music, poetry, and other good stuff.
There is humor, but there is blunt seriousness here as well!


Parfois, on parle français ici aussi. Je suis un francophile .... Bienvenue à tous!

* Your comments and evaluations are appreciated ! *

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ants, Mosquitoes, and Beavers - Pioneer Press BB









Encounters with Ants, Mosquitoes, and Beavers
------------
The Pioneer Press Bulletin Board
(06/14/2012)

Twitty of Como: "Subject: The world around us.

"Sometimes I think ants don't like to be disturbed. Think 'Angry Ants.' I innocently move rocks in the garden -- and before I know it, ants are boiling all over the place, bumping into each other in their quest to find what it was that disturbed them.

"I think somewhere down there is a Patton-like ant general, roaring 'Get out there AND FIND IT -- whatever it was! Take no prisoners!' They search in ever-widening circles as I leave the scene. I've been bitten too many times.

"[Whose] garden is it, anyway?"
-----------------------------------------------

* BB says: It's theirs. You're just a squatter!

================================================


Al B of Harland: "A mosquito bit me. I didn't turn into a mosquito. Things like that happen. Apparently, if a vampire bites you, you become a vampire. I'd like to be bitten by a billionaire.

"I was paddling the Missouri River in Montana when a beaver attacked my canoe. I saw the beaver near the edge of the river and decided to have a closer look. That proved to be a bad idea. The beaver came at me as though I'd said something bad about its momma. I curled into a ball as if I were about to be mugged by a bear. It made paddling difficult. The beaver interpreted my actions correctly as a complete surrender and swam off to pick on someone its own size. The river was uphill the rest of that day.

"I camped after being attacked by mosquito and beaver. I watched as a rattlesnake slithered past my tent. Dave Barry said that camping is nature's way of promoting the motel industry."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

**BB's final comment:  Band Name of the Day ==> Patton's Angry Ants





No comments: